Kid Friendly Nut Butter Energy Bites
This recipe has become a staple in my home over the last few years. They are perfect snack to have around, especially when 3pm (or the hungry hour) hits. We make these once a week and they are so tasty and healthy. Every kid I have ever given one to has loved them, so what more do we need to say?
I have lately upgraded some of the ingredients to make these even more jam-packed with super nutritious ingredients. You can easily substitute your favourite ingredients with an almost guaranteed success. The only thing I ever added that did NOT taste good was protein powder, so do what you will with that information.
- 3/4 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed powder
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp cacoa nibs
- 2 tbsp superfood powder of your choice: maca/mesquite /barley grass juice/moringa
- 4 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Coconut for dusting
- Mix nut butter, honey, cocoa powder, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and then roll onto a plate of shredded coconut (makes 16-20).
- Store in the fridge and enjoy 🙂
Categories: Nourishing Food